Minty Fresh Watermelon Salad
Photo by Jackie Fraser-Dunfield
10 Reasons Why Jamaicans Run So Fast Cookbook
- 3 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- Small seedless watermelon, cut in chunks
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all in a bowl and server for a light refreshing salad on a sizzling summer’s day.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Give it some oomph by adding peeled, chopped avocado.
- To make more of a “true” salad: Combine and shake together 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp coconut/olive oil and a pinch of salt. Pour over salad.
Tip: Chill for the best ever flavour
-By Grace Cameron
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com