Sweet Potato Fritters
Photo by Carlington Wilmot
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup flaked fish
- (red herring, codfish/saltfish, salted mackerel)
- Beat egg and milk.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by spoonful into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato wedges or slices.
FRENCH FRIED SWEET POTATOES
- Cut uncooked sweet potatoes into 1-inch strips.
- Soak in cold, salted water for a short while.
- Drain and dry with a towel.
- Fry in hot deep, deep fat (365 degrees F) until brown -- 3-5 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle with salt.
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: