Breadfruit Crème de Menthe
Winter 2007, JamaicanEats magazine
- 2 pounds/1 kg breadfruit
- 8 cups water
- 2 pounds/1 kg sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil
- of peppermint
- ½ flask of brandy (about 3 ½ ounces)
- flask of rum
- reen food colouring
- Boil breadfruit and strain the water into a bowl.
- Add sugar to water and mix until sugar dissolves and the mixture become syrupy. Let cool.
- Add brandy, rum, and green colouring. Mix.
- Add oil of peppermint. Mix.
- Bottle or serve over cracked ice.
- excerpt Rosemary Parkinson, winter 2007 JamaicanEats magazine
-By Allison Donaldson
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org