Jerk Shrimp and Mango Salsa
Photo by Carlington Wilmot
Winter 2007, JamaicanEats magazine
- 500 g raw prawns peeled and de-veined.
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red bell (sweet) peppers, deseeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon green bell (sweet) peppers, deseeded and diced-1 tbsp.
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon celery stick, diced
- 3 tablespoons mango, peeled, stoned and diced
FOR THE SALSA DRESSING
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper.
- Mix the prawns, jerk seasoning and oil together and set aside to marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meantime, prepare the salsa by combining all the diced ingredients in a separate dish.
- For the salsa dressing, mix all the ingredients and stir into the salsa ingredients.
- Grill the marinated shrimp on preheated grill.
- Mix the salsa and the shrimp and serve in a bowl. Add olives, if desired.
Note: There are many species of shrimp, but generally speaking, the larger the shrimp, the tastier. In the U.K and the U.S., large shrimp are called prawns. In India, all shrimp are prawns.
-By Hilton Hotel, New Kingston, Jamaica
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org