Ackee Pasta Salad
Winter 2007, JamaicanEats magazine
- 2 de-seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1 spring or sweet onion, sliced finely diagonally
- 1 chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g (about 12 ounces) ackee (cleaned)
- 250 g (about 10 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, spring onions, garlic, thyme, scotch bonnet, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Cook the ackee in boiling salted water until tender.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of rapidly boiling water until al dente (cooked through, but still firm). Drain in a large colander.
- Add the cooled pasta to the tomato mixture. Toss and season.
- Add the ackee and herbs. Toss.
- Add fresh coriander or parsley and grated cheese, if desired.
-By Hilton Hotel, New Kingston, Jamaica
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com