Three Bean Salad and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Winter 2007, JamaicanEats magazine
- 12 ounces/300 g fresh broad beans
- 7 ounces/200 g string beans cut into one-inch pieces
- 7 ounces/200 g fresh red beans
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper.
- 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds
- Boil all the beans separately in salted water until tender & drain.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds carefully in a dry frying pan, being careful not to let them burn. As soon as the beans are cooked, toss with the dressing and sprinkle the seeds on top.
- Serves 8.
-By Hilton Hotel, New Kingston, Jamaica
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com