- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper, to taste
- 2 cups broth
- Heat oil and saute the onion until soft.
- Add rice, saffron, salt and pepper. Stir to evenly colour the rice.
- Add broth, bring to a boil, cover and turn the heat down to low. Cook for about 30 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Turn off the heat but leave the pot on the warm stove for a minute, to absorb the rest of the stock.
Note: Saffron is the world’s most expensive spice. Turmeric can be substituted.
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com