Jerk Chicken Salad
March-June 2009, JamaicanEats magazine
- 2 cooked jerk chicken breasts
- 2 heads mixed baby lettuce
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 2 plummy tomatoes, sliced
- 1 julienne of carrots
- Slice the chicken breasts and put to one side in the fridge.
- Wash the lettuce in cold water holding them by the roots.
- On a cold plate place the slice cucumber, tomato and carrots.
- Dress with the baby lettuce and decorate with the sliced jerk chicken.
- Just before serving drizzle with the pepper and papaya vinaigrette.
Multi-cultured pepper & papaya vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 papaya, diced
- 1/2 red sweet (bell) pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow sweet (bell) pepper, diced
- 1/2 green sweet (bell) pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar and papaya in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Fold in the diced peppers, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in covered jar in the refrigerator.
- Drizzle over the salad just before serving.
CLICK HERE for Chef Noel Cunningham's Jerk Chicken or type Jerk in Search Bar for more jerk recipes
-By Chef Dennis McIntosh
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org