Cuban Plantain Temptation Plantains (Platanos en tentacion)
Winter 2007, JamaicanEats magazine
- 4 mature plantains* (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry Cuban cooking wine or rum
*Plantains should be mature with yellow skin. If the plantains are very thick they can be cut in half lengthwise.
- Peel the plantains.
- Melt the butter in a skillet on a medium heat.
- Fry plantains for about five minutes until golden on both sides, reduce the heat, and sprinkle the sugar over the plantains. Turn the plantains so as to spread the sugar well, and add the wine or rum.
- Cover the pan and cook on a gentle heat for approximately 20 minutes until they are tender inside and the sauce has caramelized. Turn the plantains over once during the cooking.
-By From A Taste of Cuba by Beatriz Llamas published by Macmillans Caribbean
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com