- A children's favourite several decades ago
- 1 pound/450g hard kernels of corn
- 1/2 pound/225g light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt.
- Heat skillet on a high heat and add the corn. Continuously turn the kernels of corn with a wooden spoon until they are golden brown.
- Remove the roasted kernels and let cool.
- Using a mortar, beat the corn into a powder, adding sugar as you go along. Or, use a coffee grinder to make the kernels of corn into powder. Add finely ground sugar.
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: