Red Rum Sweet Potato Fries
Winter 2007, JamaicanEats magazine
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- Red rum (optional)
- Oil (preferably corn
- or coconut)
- Peel sweet potatoes, wash, and cut into quarters.
- Steam in a steaming basket (do not immerse in water)
- Remove when potatoes are just about cooked, but still firm.
- Leave to stand under perforated dish cover for about 5 minutes.
- Heat skillet until very hot. Add oil and allow to heat.
- Slice potato quarters into smaller wedges.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Place on serving platter and dust with cinnamon powder.
For added panache, squirt red rum over cinnamon-powdered wedges while they are still hot.
Garnish as desired.
-By Melrose Edwards
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com