Cranberry Rice Pilaf
Photo by Noel Cunningham
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Place the butter, minced garlic, curry in a medium sauce pot. Turn the heat on to medium-low, then stir and cook the butter and spices for about 2 minutes.
- Add the dry rice, turn the heat up to medium, and cook and stir for about 2 more minutes. You should hear the rice crackling a little. Add cranberries, water and salt. Stir to combine.
- Place a lid on the pot, turn the heat up to high and allow the pot to come to a full boil. As soon as the pot reaches a full boil, turn the heat down to low, simmering lightly for 20 minutes to allow the rice to steam. Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Roughly chop the cilantro and gently stir it into the rice is desired.
-By Chef Noel Cunningham
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org