Curry Sweet Potato Chips
Photo by Grace Cameron
Issue 3, 2016 JamaicanEats
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Jamaican curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Coconut or olive oil
- Thoroughly wash the unpeeled sweet potatoes.
- Thinly slice the sweet potatoes. (It’s best to use a mandolin, which is a handy and inexpensive piece of kitchen gadget.)
- Lightly spray the slices with oil and place in a Ziplock or clear plastic bag.
- Mix the spices in a small bowl. Add the mixed spices to the Ziplock bag and shake to coat the pieces.
- Next, arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Flip, and bake on the other side for 10 more minutes.
-By Grace Cameron
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org