Roasted Cocoa, Cinnamon Sugar Chickpeas
Photo by Jackie Fraser-Dunfield
Issue 3, 2016 JamaicanEats
- 1 15-oz. can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl. Add oil, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well to coat.
- Spread the chickpeas out on the baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes. Then give it a shake and roast for 15 minutes more.
tip: Make it more crunchy Turn off the oven and leave the chickpeas in there with the door cracked open for another 15 minutes or so.
If you’re making it ahead of time for guests or to snack on later on, store in an airtight container.
-By JamaicanEats magazine
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com