Breadfruit Flour Rosemary Fries
Photo by Jennifer Mullings
Issue 3, 2016 JamaicanEats
- 1 cup breadfruit flour
- 2 cups vegetable for chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, taste
- Oil for frying and to grease the pan
- 1. Grease an 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Add the flour, chicken or vegetable stock and rosemary to a medium-sized pot. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is very thick.
- Spread the thick mixture as evenly as possible into the greased pan. Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight to get it firm.
- Cut the firm breadfruit block into French fry-sized strips – about 1/2-inch thick and 3 inches long.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the strips in batches. Fry for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the fries and place on paper towels to absorb the excess oil. 8. Season with salt and pepper and condiments that you want.
-By Jennifer Mullings
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com