Ackee Mousse on Whole Wheat Crostini
Photo by Carlington Wilmot
winter 2007 JamaicanEats
- 3 ½ ounces/100 g ackee
- 1 ounce/30 g onion
- 10 g garlic
- 2 leaves fresh basil
- 1 ounce/30 g cooking cream
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- ½ ounce/10 g minced garlic
- 1 ounce/25 g butter
- Boil ackee, garlic and onion in a flavoured stock and make a fine puree along with basil.
- Mix cooking cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix butter and mince garlic to make garlic butter.
- Apply garlic butter on the whole wheat bread and toast it.
- Cut the bread into triangles and pipe ackee mousse on top.
Garnish with black olives.
-By Hilton Hotel, Kingston, Jamaica
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com