Spice Plantain Porridge
10 Reasons Why Jamaicans Runs So Fast Cookbook
Bring a little Caribbean sun to your breakfast bowl
- 380-400 g peeled green plantains
- 750 ml water
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 1 cinnamon bark
- Pinch of salt
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Condensed milk, to taste
- Freshly grated nutmeg (about 1/8 tsp or 6 slides on a grater)
- Wash, peel and slice plantains into 3 cm slices.
- Put the plantain and water in a blender and pulse until chopped fine, then blend to a smooth puree.
- Pour it in a pot with cinnamon and turn the stove to low heat. Keep stirring to prevent lumps.
- Add salt and stir.
- Add coconut cream and stir for about 15 minutes. Add milk and stir.
- Add vanilla and nutmeg and stir.
- After about 20-25 minutes of total cooking time, turn off heat, add condensed milk according to taste.
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com