Gingerbread Cupcake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Photo by Jackie Fraser-Dunfield
Issue 2 (November) 2015
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. molasses
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ozs. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add molasses and beat until combined.
- Add eggs, beating after each until well combined.
- Beat in vanilla and gradually mix in flour mixture until well combined.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the muffin tins for about 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- When completely cooled, prepare and frost the cupcakes.
Make the Frosting
- Beat the cream cheese for about 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream and mix until smooth.
- Gradually mix in powdered sugar. Add 1more tablespoon of heavy cream, if needed, to thin out the frosting to make it more spreadable.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes.
Makes 12 cupcakes
If you are planning to pipe the frosting on the cupcake, instead of spreading it, double the amount of heavy cream that is called for in the recipe.
-By JamaicanEats magazine
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org