Roasted Cherry Tomato and Spinach Jackfruit Pizza
Photo by Michelle Nunes
Issue 1, 2017
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 cups green jackfruit, drained and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp for drizzling
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves removed from the stem
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 6-8 spinach leaves
- 1 medium pizza dough, fresh or store bought (whole wheat for more nutrition)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with a sprinkling of salt and pepper, roast for 8-10 mins. Remove from oven.
- Pour 3 tbsp olive oil into a skillet. Sauté chopped jackfruit for 3 to 4 mins. over medium heat, then add one tsp of the thyme leaves. Sauté for 4-5 mins.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out dough according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place on baking sheet.
- Spread ¾ to 1 cup sauce on the dough.
- Spread generously with sautéed jackfruit. Sprinkle with 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella or cheese of your choice.
- Top with roasted tomatoes and a few leaves of spinach. Drizzle with remaining tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins. until golden.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese when out of the oven, if desired.
- Top your pizza with ripe, delicious jackfruit. Just add pieces of chopped, ripe jackfruit when you add your tomato and spinach toppings.
-By Adrienne Murray-Nunes
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com