Photo by Carlington Wilmot
- 2 cups tamarind pulp
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- Remove tamarind from shell and remove seeds to make pulp.
- Boil pulp in a pot of salted water until soft.
- Allow to cool completely. Drain water.
- Add pepper and sugar until mixture is firm enough to form into balls.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in additional white sugar.
- Wrap in waxed paper until ready to eat.
Serves 2 to 4.
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: