Jerk Chicken Jamaican-Style Spring Rolls
Served with dipping sauces (recipes below)
- 2 pounds/just under 1 kg. boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 medium size carrot shredded
- 2 ounces/60g green onions (green part only) - chopped
- 6 ounces/180g mixed baby greens
- Bunch of medium mint leaves
- 8 (6-inch) round sheets of rice paper
- Lukewarm water
- 3 ounces/112g rice wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Marinate chicken with pepper and jerk seasoning. Let this sit in the fridge overnight.
- Cook chicken on a grill (7 to 8 minutes) or in an oven (8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F). Once chicken has been cooked, allow to rest before cutting it into thin strips, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups of lukewarm water, 3 ounces rice wine vinegar and a pinch of sugar. Place rice paper inside the warm water, removing when soft and malleable. Lay wet rice paper on damp towel, wiping away any excess water.
- Lay a single sheet of damp rice paper flat. In the centre, place a few leaves of baby greens, two or three mint leaves, shredded carrots, green onions, and the strips of jerk chicken. Flap one side of the rice paper over and roll.
-By Martin Maginley
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: