Photo by Carlington Wilmot
- 2 cups coconut, diced
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger (or 1 tablespoon root ginger)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound/450g brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- To dice, pry coconut from the shell with a knife.
- Bring water to a boil and add all ingredients.
- Boil for about 30 minutes (stir occasionally with a wooden spoon to keep sugar from binding) or until very sticky.
- Remove by spoonfuls and drop onto a greased tin sheet. Cool and eat.
-By Enid Donaldson-Mignotte
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: