Escoveith of Snapper with Mini Bammy
Photo by Carlington Wilmot
- 6 ounces cleaned snapper filet
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 2 medium onions (sliced in rings)
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers (sliced)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons corn oil
- Season the fish with saltand pepper.
- Place 2 teaspoons of oil in a saute pan, oil should be hot but not smoking.
- Place fish inside the hot pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Take fish out of the pan and set aside (keep warm).
METHOD FOR THE ESCOVEITCH GARNISH
In a warm saute pan place 2 teaspoons of corn oil. Add carrots, onions and peppers. Cook for 30 seconds then add the vinegar and turn off the heat.
-By Martin Maginley
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: