Jerk Breadfruit Chips
- 1 medium breadfruit, peeled
- Dry powdered jerk seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter and vegetable oil
- Place breadfruit in salted water and bring to a boil.
- Remove immediately and drain. Allow to dry completely. Place in shallow bowl and sprinkle jerk seasoning evenly over every piece. Allow to stand for one hour.
- In a deep fryer, place vegetable oil and bring to 350 degree F. Add butter. Deep fry pieces until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove and place in a colander covered in kitchen paper. Add salt, if wanted, shaking chips all the while.
Serve with jerk dip.
-By Rosemary Parkinson
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: