- 6 whole hot red peppers, stems removed
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped chives
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pimento (all spice)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup malt vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white or brown rum
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until liquefied. Put in jars and refrigerate. Use to marinate meat, fish or poultry for 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Brush marinade thickly over individual pieces.
- The marinade can also be used as a sort of pepper sauce for meat that has been jerked, or you can boil it with 3/4 cup of vinegar, let it simmer for a few minutes, bottle and refrigerate for daily use.
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: