Ackee Chipotle Mayo & Plantain Chips
Chantal Thomas, amazingackee.com, made this Black Bean Burger with Pepper Jack Cheese and Smashed Ackee. She pairs it with Green Plantain Chips and Chipotle Ackee Mayo. Get the burger, smashed ackee and mayo recipes @ http://amazingackee.com/ackee-smash-burger. Pumpkin Bun recipe by Jennifer Mullings is featured in issue 2, 2017, JamaicanEats magazine, www.jamaicaneats.com.
Recipe of the Week (Passport) November 2017
Quick and easy to make, these plantain chips from Chantal Thomas, of amazingackee.com are hands down better than store bought.
- Green plantain thinly sliced
- Oil for frying
- Spices (cumin, cayenne, garlic or onion powder) optional
- Chipotle Ackee Mayo for serving*
- Fill a heavy bottomed pot with oil to come up about an inch, place over medium high heat.
- When oil is ready, fry chips in batches if needed, place on a tray/plate lined with paper towel.
- Sprinkle hot chips with salt and desired spices if using.
Get the Chipotle Ackee Mayo (are those angels singing?) and the Ackee Smash (it's guac's versatile cousin), and black bean burger recipes at www.amazingackee.com/ackee-smash-burger
-By Chantal Thomas, Amazing Ackee
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: