Sweet Potato Pie
Photo by Jenn Walton/www.digiwerxstudio.com
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime rind
- 1 unbaked pie shell (short crust pastry)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups mashed
- sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- Cream butter until soft, add sugar gradually and continue to cream until sugar is well blended.
- Add lime juice and rind.
- Add beaten egg yolk, cinnamon, mashed potato and milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Line pie dish with pastry, pour in mixture.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 50 minutes until done.
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: