July, Issue 1, 2015
- 1 1/2 cups cook chickpeas or 1-15 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsps. sesame tahini paste
- 2 tbsps. extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp. onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Bring water to boil in small saucepan, add broccoli florets and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from water and add to food processor with chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, onion, yeast flakes, garlic, sea salt, cumin and cayenne pepper. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the food processor.
- Healthier Steps
-By Michelle Grubb-Blackwood
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org