Sweet Potato Chips
- Sweet potatoes
- Lemon/lime juice or vinegar
- Select well-shaped, medium potatoes. Wash and peel.
- Slice thin and even into chips - as in Irish potato chips.
- Put slices in water that has a little lime juice or vinegar. (About 1 teaspoon to 4 cups water.) The acid will keep the chips from darkening and will give them a better colour.
- Drain and dry with a towel.
- Fry in hot, deep fat (365 degrees F) until brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle with salt.
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: