July, Issue 1, 2015
- 1 cup mango, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp. finely chopped Scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped fine
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Mix ingredients together and stir until sugar dissolves. Let stand several hours for the flavours to blend.
- Refrigerator for up to a week.
Use this salsa in place of traditional tomato salsa. It’s particularly good with curried chicken wrap and is really yummy with chips.
-By Jennifer Mullings
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org