Baked, Spiced Rum Plantain
Issue 3, 2017
- 4 plantains, blackened and softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamom
- 3 tbsp spiced rum
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp butter cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9x9 baking square dish.
- Peel the plantains and slice diagonally to make 1-inch slices.
- Layer the plantains in the greased dish with a little bit of overlapping.
- Mix the spices, spiced rum and orange juice and drizzle over the plantains.
- Drop the pieces of butter on top.
- Bake until golden and tender – 30-40 mins.
- Remove and let cool for about 10 mins. before serving.
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org