Sweet Potato Dip
- 2 garlic cloves
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, Optional
One tablespoon extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Bake garlic cloves on aluminum foil at 350 degrees F. for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Boil carrots and unpeeled potatoes until done.
- Drain, and place in blender or food processor. Add the baked garlic and 1/2 cup broth and blend.
- With motor running, add oil and keep blending, adding more broth until puree is smooth and full.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 6 servings.
NOTE: Dip can be made up to a day in advance, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature for serving and stir in the optional herbs right before serving with raw vegetables, bread sticks or sweet potato chips.
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: