Black Bean Hummus
- 2 cups dried black beans (soaked overnight)
- 1 each bay leaf
- 4 tbsp Tahini
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 each Scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooking liquid from beans
- Cook the black beans in the liquid you soaked them in. Add to that a bay leaf and the Scotch bonnet peppers.
- Cook beans until they are very soft to the touch.
- Strain the beans and reserve 1 1/2 cups of the liquid.
- Place beans in the food processor with tahini, garlic, olive oil lime juice and reserved liquid.
- Puree until it becomes a smooth paste Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with fried green plantains.
-By Sara Mair-Doak
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org