Yellow Yam Fruitcake
Issue 3, 2016
- 18 ozs. dark brown sugar
- 8 ozs. butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 2 lbs. yellow yam, peeled and grated
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup rum (preferably dark) and wine combination
- 1/2 lb. mixed fruits, soaked in wine*
- 1 tbsp browning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking tin and set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the yellow yam. Add the salt.
- Alternate folding in the flour and baking powder with the rum/wine combination.
- Add the soaked fruits and the browning.
- Mix well then pour into prepared baking tin.
- Bake for about an hour or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Look for yellow yam in African, Caribbean, Latin American and Asian grocery stores
-By Favourite West Indian Recipes
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: email@example.com