Yellow Rum Cake
This is an alternative to the dark richness of Caribbean fruit (rum) cake. Photo by Jackie Fraser-Dunfield
Issue 3, 2016
- 1 cup pecan or walnut, chopped or crushed
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease, flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Put the chopped/crushed nuts in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together cake ingredients.
- Pour the batter over the nuts and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted intothe centre comes out clean.
- Cool. Invert on a serving plate.
- Prick the top. Drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over the top and sides and let sit to allow the cake to absorb.
-By JamaicanEats magazine
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org