Creamy Smooth Eggnog
Photo by Franz Marzouca
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- Beat eggs until very frothy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Stir in cold rum, brandy, whipping cream and milk.
- Chill. Sprinkle nutmeg on top before serving.
Makes about 10 cups.
Low calorie Egg Nog
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Combine the egg yolks and milk in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture coats a metal spoon. Let cool.
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add to milk mixture, add vanilla, sugar substitute, and extract.
- Mix lightly. Cover and chill.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top before serving.
-By JamaicanEats magazine
We Want Your Snaps Cooking, Eating, Enjoying Caribbean. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org